Campagnolo Bora Ultra WTO 33 DB 2-Way Fit DCS
Bora Ultra WTO 33 Disc Brake – DCS (dark copper shaded)
At only 33mm deep, the Bora Ultra WTO 33 has the shallowest wind tunnel optimised (WTO) rim profile of the new Ultra family. Every external component of the wheel has been redesigned to maximise aerodynamic efficiency and reduce weight, saving you precious energy, and generating greater speed from the same rider input.
Climbers will love the Bora Ultra WTO 33’s lower weight, helping them to reach the heights even faster, change pace instantly, and descend with great speed and confidence. Built using Campagnolo’s Hand Made Ultra-Light Carbon (H.U.L.C.), the rims have Campagnolo’s mirror-like Luxury (C-LUX) finish, and undrilled 2-Way Fit rim beds, for perfect tubeless compatibility without rim tape.
Campagnolo’s beautifully moulded carbon fibre front hub body is hourglass shaped to improve aerodynamics, and is securely bonded to a light aluminium hub flange. Integrated radial spoke seats ensure perfect alignment, hidden Aero Mo-Mag nipples and slimmer Aero Elliptical spokes in Campagnolo’s G3 spoke pattern further enhance performance, and its CULT ceramic bearings promise almost frictionless rotation.
The aluminium rear with 36 tooth ratchet system can be driven by N3W, XDR or HG freehub bodies.
Wider and faster
- The completely redesigned Bora Ultra WTO 33 rim now has a 21mm internal width, and is compatible with tyres from 25mm, aerodynamically optimised for this starting compatible tyre dimension.
- The Bora Ultra WTO 33 2-Way Fit rim meets ETRTO tubeless standard for fast-rolling tubeless tyre fitment, and is also suitable for tubeless-ready and clincher tyres too.
- Wider tyres on wider rims create greater air volume and better sidewall support, and especially when tubeless, can confidently be used at reduced pressures, improving grip, control and comfort, and lessening fatigue without affecting speed.
- The hub bodies are slimmer in the centre to reduce the frontal area they present to the wind.
- The 24 double butted Aero Elliptical spokes in each wheel have reduced from 1.6mm to 1.5mm in diameter.
- New Aero Mo-Mag nipples are hidden inside the rim to clean up the airflow over them, and are still easily adjustable.
Stop and go
- All of the new Bora Ultra WTO wheels are designed for AFS (centerlock compatible) disc rotors.
- Campagnolo’s unique G3 spoke system counteracts the main source of torque at each hub.
- CULT ceramic bearings keep the Bora Ultra WTO hubs spinning freely for 5 ½ times than standard steel bearings.
- Oversized 36 tooth ratchet freehub is fast to engage and very durable, plus it accepts N3W, XDR, HG freehub bodies.
- Spokes: 24 Aero Elliptical, straight pull, double-butted 1.5mm
- Spoke pattern: G3
- Nipples: Aluminium Aero Mo-Mag, self-locking, internal
Versions and weights
- Campagnolo N3W FW body
- HG FW body
- XDR FW body
- Set: 1.385 g
- front 640 g
- rear 745 g
- Campagnolo sprocket set 11/12/13
- Shimano sprocket set 10/11 SRAM 10/11
- SRAM 12 sprocket set
- Front: Bora Ultra,carbon body
- Rear: Aluminium body, 36 tooth ratchet freehub
- Hub width: 100-142mm
- Axle type: 12mm aluminium thru axle
- Bearings: CULT ceramic, cup and cone
- Brake interface: AFS disc
- Freehub compatibility: N3W, XDR, HG
- ASTM classification: 1
- Material: H.U.L.C. UD high-strength carbon fibre
- Finish: C-LUX
- Tyre interface: 2-Way Fit
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless, tubeless-ready, clincher
- Recommended tyre size: 700c, from 25mm
- Rim height: 33mm
- Internal width: 21mm
- External width: 27.4mm
- Decals: Water transfer DCS (Dark, copper shaded)
- Tubeless tyres
- Tubeless-ready tyres
- Clincher tyres
HG 11v, CAMPY N3W, XDR