Campagnolo Bora Ultra WTO 45 DB 2-Way Fit DCS
Bora Ultra WTO 45 Disc Brake – DCS (dark copper shaded)
Campagnolo’s Bora Ultra WTO 45 has the perfect balance of speed, agility and stability, making it the best choice for all-round riders. The rim’s versatile design takes account of real-world riding conditions, not just those created in a wind tunnel, and the result is the most efficient drag-reducing rim shape available.
Now even lighter, thanks in part to its Hand Made Ultra-Light Carbon (H.U.L.C.) construction, the Bora Ultra WTO 45 has slimmer Aero Elliptical spokes and hidden nipples to help slice through the air. Campagnolo’s beautifully moulded carbon hub body is securely bonded to a light aluminium hub flange, and integrated radial spoke seats ensure perfect alignment. A uniquely stunning C-LUX finish and new, subtle Bora Ultra graphics ensure the new wheels have the show to match their go.
Campagnolo’s CULT ceramic bearings spin effortlessly within both the front aerodynamic carbon body and the rear aluminium shell of the disc hubs. The rear oversized 36 tooth ratchet system can be driven by N3W, XDR or HG freehub bodies.
The 2-Way Fit rims are ready for immediate tubeless use without rim tape, designed for tyre widths from 23mm, they’re aerodynamically optimised for 25mm tyres.
- Overall wheel efficiency is determined by overcoming aerodynamic resistance, rolling resistance and the effects of weight and gradient.
- Rolling resistance for this rim profile was found to be lower with a 19mm internal width rim bed, particularly with 25mm or 28mm tyres, but aerodynamics are optimised with 25mm.
- With a system weight of 87kg, a 25mm tyre’s rolling resistance at 40km/h is: tubular 30 watts, clincher 28 watts, tubeless 25 watts.
- Therefore Bora Ultra WTO has 2-Way Fit rims for tubeless, tubeless-ready or clincher tyres
- Campagnolo mould the nipple and valve holes into the rims, so no carbon fibres are cut by drilling
- Each spoke hole has an internal nipple seat, wrapped into the rim’s carbon layup, which is specifically aligned to the intended hub
- Aero Mo-Mag nipples are perfectly aligned with each spoke for a more accurate wheel build, with reduced localised stress and improved fatigue life.
Stop and go
- All of the new Bora Ultra WTO wheels are designed for AFS (centerlock compatible) disc rotors.
- Campagnolo’s unique G3 spoke system counteracts the main source of torque at each hub.
- CULT ceramic bearings keep the Bora Ultra WTO hubs spinning freely for 5 ½ times longer than standard steel bearings
- Oversized 36 tooth ratchet freehub is fast to engage and very durable, plus it accepts N3W, XDR and HG freehub bodies.
- Spokes: 24 Aero Elliptical, straight pull, double-butted
- Spoke pattern G3
- Nipples Aluminium Aero Mo-Mag, self-locking, internal
Versions and weights
- Campagnolo N3W FW body
- HG FW body
- XDR FW body
- Set: 1.425 g
- front: 660 g
- rear: 765 g
- Campagnolo sprocket set 11/12/13
- Shimano sprocket set 10/11 SRAM 10/11
- SRAM 12 sprocket set
- Hub type: Bora Ultra, carbon body
- Rear hub type: Aluminium body, 36 tooth ratchet freehub
- Hub width: 100-142mm
- Axle type: 12mm aluminium thru axle
- Bearings: CULT ceramic, cup and cone
- Brake interface: AFS disc
- Freehub compatibility: N3W, XDR, HG
- ASTM classification: 1
- Material: H.U.L.C UD high-strength carbon fibre
- Finish: C-LUX
- Tyre interface: 2-Way Fit
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless, tubeless-ready, clincher
- Recommended tyre size: 700c, from 23mm
- Rim height: 45mm
- Internal width: 19mm
- External width: 26.1mm
- Decals: Water transfer DCS (Dark, copper shaded)
CAMPY N3W, XDR, HG 11v