FRAME NINER MCR 9 RDO
By adding our CVA dual suspension system to a gravel bike, we are combining the confidence and control of a rally bike with the efficiency, fit and responsive handling of a gravel bike. The result is a low handlebar bike with superior comfort, and pure, unadulterated power delivery and fun.
Why did the idea to build the first full suspension bike with low handlebars come about? Because Niner Bikes was founded in 2005 with a simple goal: to make riding on dirt a better experience. Fourteen years later, the MCR 9 RDO is a natural extension of that effort. When you ride one, you’ll see it. More comfort, more control, more fun and more freedom to ride anything, anywhere.
When there’s an idea to improve off-road riding, Niner pays attention. In 2005, it was the 29er wheel size. In 2008, it was our CVA full suspension design, optimized for bikes with larger wheels. In 2013, it was the RLT, one of the first purpose-built gravel bikes with stable geometry, robust construction and ample tire clearance. So why should gravel bikes still be stuck in the past?
Today’s mountain bikes are full suspension, disc brakes, telescopic seatposts, thru axles and more. These technologies make mountain bikes faster, more fun and more capable, allowing longer rides in more places. And so far, all but one of these MTB technologies have been adopted to the Gravel.
By adapting high-performance suspension to gravel, we believe the MCR 9 will allow you to ride comfortably, powerfully, with more control and confidence on surfaces that were previously unthinkable. We are proud to be the pioneers bringing full suspension to gravel bikes.
The 9 things you need to know:
– 50mm of stable yet supple CVA suspension.
– Rear shock with remote control on handlebars; fork lockout
– RDO carbon fiber main frame and 1-piece rear triangle with forged links
– Integrated rear fender protects suspension components
– 11 fixed mounting points for frame bags, bottles and more
– Removable front derailleur
– Durable Enduro Max Black Oxide pivot bearings
– Room for 700 x 50c or 650b x 2.0 tires
– Internal end-to-end cable guides and integrated frame protection.
– Revised CVA joint design
– Stable yet supple, consistent and solid CVA suspension behavior
– Bottom bracket below bottom bracket shell for shorter chainstays
– Flatter suspension curve allows more of the short travel to be utilized
– Air shock for infinite spring rate adjustment.
– Oil damping to control movement.
– Remote rear shock lockout.
– 50 mm CVA suspension travel, specifically tuned for gravel
– Fully suspended bike and rider; minimum unsprung mass
– Oversized bottom bracket linkage for stiffness and strength
– Shock mounted behind the seat tube for clean aesthetics
– Frame-integrated mudguard with optional top extension
– Enduro Max Black Oxide pivot bearings for long life
– Detachable front derailleur mount
– Integrated frame bag mounts
– Multiple bottle cage threads on the inside of the front triangle
– 12×142 through rear axle
– Flat Mount disc brake mount on rear triangle
Recommended use: Gravel
Material: RDO carbon
Frame type: suspension
Steerer tube diameter: 1 1/2 to 1 1/8 tapered
Headset included: Yes
Bottom Bracket Type: 68 mm PF30
Biocentric Compatible: Biocentric 30
Cable routing: internal
Front derailleur mount: weld-on type
Front derailleur throw: bottom
Brake Mount: Flat Mount
Seatpost diameter: 27,2 mm
Rear axle included: Yes. 12×142 mm
Manufacturer’s warranty: 5 years
53, 56, 59
Black/Magnetic Grey, BLACK/GREEN/ORANGE